Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies, takes overnight rest and 45 minutes active cooking
- 1 stick (110 g) Butter
- 140 g All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 70 g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 70 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 112 g Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat, swirling constantly until particles begin to turn brown (5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and continue swirling for 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl with an ice cube, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, use a whisk attachment to whisk together the white sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, until a pale brown-yellow and falls off in ribbons (5 minutes).
- Fit paddle attachment onto mixer. Add brown sugar and cooled brown butter. Mix on medium speed to combine (30 seconds).
- Add flour mixture and mix briefly on low speed (15 seconds).
- Add chocolate chips and mix briefly on low speed (15 seconds).
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate dough between 8 hours and 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Form 12–14 dough balls on two baking sheets, and bake for 7 minutes.
- Swap places of baking sheets, and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheets and sprinkle cookies with coarse salt. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
|110 g Butter||Brown and cool||Mix in mixer||Barely mix||Barely mix||Refrigerate overnight||Bake 325°F for 15 minutes|
|70 g Sugar||Whisk in mixer|
|1 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|70 g Dark Brown Sugar|
|140 g Flour||Whisk together|
|½ tsp Baking Soda|
|1 tsp Salt|
|112 g Chocolate Chips|