Makes one sheet-pan sized loaf, takes about 4 hours
- 6 cups (840 g) Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp (17 g) Salt
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 7 g Dry Yeast
- Dissolve yeast in ½ cup warm water and whisk (2 minutes).
- Add 2½ more cups of water, 6 cups bread flour, salt; mix on low with bread hook until incorporated (1 minute).
- Increase mixing speed for 5 minutes.
- Rest covered for 10 minutes.
- Mix again on medium-high until the dough pulls away from the sides (10–15 minutes).
- Add a ¼ cup olive oil to bowl to coat, and add dough. Cover until doubled (1–2 hours).
- Oil (another ¼ cup) a half sheet pan, lift and fold dough four times, turning 90° each, then spread dough onto pan. Rest covered for 10–15 minutes.
- Finish stretching the dough, and let rise until at the top of the pan (45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Dimple the dough, add toppings, and sprinkle flaky salt over top.
- Bake on lower rack for 20–25 minutes.
- Bake on upper rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
|½ cup Water||Whisk 2 min||Knead low 1 min, 5 min||Rest 10 min||Knead med 10–15 min||Bulk proof 1–2 hr||Fold, spread, rest 15 min||Spread, rest 45 min||Dimple, toppings||Bake 450°F lower 20–25 min, upper 5 min|
|7 g Yeast|
|2½ cups Water|
|780 g Flour|
|17 g Salt|
|¼ cup Olive Oil||Coat large bowl|
|¼ cup Olive Oil||Coat baking sheet|