Makes 8 breadsticks, takes 75 minutes
- 225 g All-Purpose Flour
- 180 g Warm Water (80% hydration)
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 1½ Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- Mix yeast into water, let rest 5 minutes.
- Mix butter, sugar, and salt into yeasted water.
- Mix in flour and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Roll into a foot-long log; cut into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each piece to around 7 inches, and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with a cloth and let rest until almost doubled, 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Brush breadsticks with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Mix salt, garlic powder, and oregano into remaining butter; brush onto warm breadsticks.
|180 g Water||Mix, rest 5 min||Mix||Mix, knead 5 min||Arrange 8 sticks, rest 45 min||Preheat oven 500°F||Brush, sprinkle||Bake 15 min||Brush|
|1 tsp Yeast|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Tbsp Sugar|
|½ Tbsp Salt|
|225 g Flour|
|1½ Tbsp Butter, melted|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 tsp Garlic Powder|
|½ tsp Dried Oregano|