NOLA French Bread
Takes 5 hours total
- Bread Flour
- All-Purpose Flour
- Warm Water
- Kosher Salt
- Mix levain, sugar, and salt into warm water until dissolved.
- Add in flour and mix until no dry flour remains. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Fold dough over itself until smooth (about 2 minutes). Let rest 3–4 hours.
- Divide dough into loaves. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes.
|Warm Water||Mix, dissolve||Mix, rest 30 min||Fold, rest 4 hours||Divide, shape, rest 30 min||Preheat oven 450°F||Bake 20 min|