Red Beans and Rice (Instant Pot)
Makes 8 servings, takes 70 minutes
- 1 lb (454 g) Dry Red Beans
- 340 g Sausage, chopped
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning (1 part = ½ tsp)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Combine everything but rice in Instant Pot, with 6 cups of water. Stir and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes.
- When 30 minutes are left on the pressure cooker timer, put rice and 1¼ cup water in rice cooker, and start it.
- Once pressure cooking is done, keep it under pressure for 15 minutes, then manually release pressure.
- Uncover red beans and saute on medium for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove bay leaf, and serve with rice.
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil||Pressure cook 45 min||Keep warm 15 min||Depressure, saute 10 min|
|340 g Sausage, chopped|
|1 White Onion, chopped|
|1 Bell Pepper, chopped|
|3 stalks Celery, chopped|
|454 g Dry Red Beans|
|2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning|
|1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper|
|2 Bay Leaves|
|6 cups Water|